LeMessurier has a continual interest in finding professional, proficient, inquisitive, and innovative people to complement our knowledgeable engineering and modeling personnel. At LeMessurier, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the top engineers in the field on some of the most prominent projects around the globe. LeMessurier offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurances, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more. LeMessurier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are currently seeking the following positions who aspire to thrive in our high-energy, service-oriented, deadline-driven environment:
Design, calculate, model, draw and prepare documents for reports, studies, contract drawings or other deliverables related to myriad project types including retrofits and structural enhancements. Visit project sites prior to design to observe and document pertinent information. Coordinate in-office and subconsultant resources in execution of the above. Engage in the full breadth of projects from proposals through construction, and invoicing. Build, strengthen and maintain client relations centered around successful completion of work.
Registered Professional Engineer in Massachusetts with ten-to-fifteen years work experience in the architectural-engineering-construction industry. Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail. Strong organization skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively while managing multiple demands. Experience with litigation and expert testimony. Functional knowledge of Revit and experience administering projects on teams using Revit; familiarity with analytical software such as Tekla, STAAD, Risa or SAP; wide use of Microsoft Office.
Design, calculate, model, draw and prepare documents for reports, studies, contract drawings or other deliverables related to myriad project types including retrofits and structural enhancements. Visit project sites prior to design to observe and document pertinent information. Work closely with entire design teams and construction teams to design and administer structural components of the construction phase. Conduct site visits to observe execution of structural design intent, structural evaluation, documentation as well as report writing.
Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering with 5 to 15 years of related experience on a track to obtain a Structural Engineer license at the earliest opportunity. Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail. Strong organization skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively while responding to multiple demands. Course-based and introductory experience with Revit; familiarity with analytical software such as Tekla, STAAD, Risa or SAP; wide use of Microsoft Office.
Direct or participate in planning, designing, or reviewing plans for erection of structures requiring stress analysis. Design structures to meet estimated load requirements, computing size, shape, strength, and type of structural members, or perform structural analysis of plans and structures prepared by private engineers. Inspect existing projects and recommend repair and replacement of defective members or rebuilding of entire structure.
Master's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and 3 months experience; passed Fundamental Engineering exam with EIT certificate; at least one university level course or one project using BIM design; able to perform structural analysis with computer-aided software.
Join our firm and work with our team of engineers and modelers and drafters to convert project building information from architects and engineers into accurate structural models and associated contract drawings. Manage the 3D model, draw sections & details, and maintain a quality set of construction documents.
Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software and building information modeling (BIM, e.g. Revit) in a building/construction related industry. Strong ability to communicate with project members both in and outside of the office to solve problems; produce highly detailed, ready to build construction documents; and meet demanding deadlines.
• Translate 2-dimensional (2D, drawings on paper) drawings and project specifications into completed 3-dimensional (3D, physical elements modeled), 4-dimensional (4-D, 3D with time and sequencing considerations), and 5-dimensional (5D, 4D with cost considerations and effects).
1) Collect existing 2D drawings and conduct site visits to supplement information that may not be available on drawings.
2) Communicate with internal engineering and modeling team to interpret the information available.
3) Review 3D modeled structure for conformance with existing information.
4) Collaborate with full design team to determine project sequencing and cost information to model structural alternatives for advanced study by other external team members.
5) Communicate models with other team members.
• 4D Construction Project Management sequencing and scheduling.
1) 3D modeling of structure from multiple data sources.
2) Collaborate in meetings and with written communication with internal and external team members to understand full project scope and to learn about required sequencing.
3) Interpret the sequencing requirements from multiple stakeholders and translate that to a modeled sequence reflective of myriad project needs.
4) Written and pictorial description of the project sequencing to communicate to the construction team the project requirements.
• Extract material and construction quantities from 3D models for internal cost estimation, and combine this information into real-time expectations for project budgets to inform design decisions.
1) Using completed 3D and 4D models to complete material take-offs of projects with several structural materials.
2) Compile material quantities and unit costs into a database to summarize total material quantities and present structural project costs in a clear and relatable manner.
• Develop and implement a BIM Execution Plan for projects.
1) Co-author description of BIM best practices for implementation in 3D, 4D and 5D modeling schemes.
2) Oversee implementation of BIM execution plan within the entire BIM/Modeling group in the office.
3) Review and comment on project-specific BIM execution plans for individual projects authored by others at LeMessurier or by other stakeholders in the projects.
• Responsible for implementation and oversight of the BIM processes, including performing 3D and 4D Modeling.
1) Read and interpret architectural, mechanical, structural, landscape, civil and geotechnical drawings and reports to respond accordingly with the appropriate structural modeling decisions.
2) Attend and be an active participant in coordination meetings with stakeholders from the project.
3) Amend the model in real time based on fluid discussions and decision-making by project stakeholders to be responsive to ever-changing project requirements.
4) Conduct site visits along with a project engineer to see the real-world outcomes of the modeling decisions made during design to influence future decisions during the modeling process.
• Whole Building Life Cycle Assessment (WBLCA).
1) Conduct multiple-phase studies of building structures, including studies of different material types and construction techniques, at all life-cycle stages to determine embodied carbon impacts to inform design decisions consistent with the sustainability goals of the project.
2) Develop firm-wide structural component classification system uniquely applicable to the tracking of embodied carbon impacts of various structural system assemblies for projects. Classification system to be used to consistently report out material quantities and environmental impacts on projects during the design stage and for initial construction estimates to inform procurement decisions.
3) Manage the firm-wide tracking of embodied carbon impacts of structural systems at all life-cycle stages into a central repository to inform future decisions by the design team. Management requires coordination with 2-3 colleagues on a bi-weekly basis.
4) Update the 3D, 4D and 5D models to reflect the results of the WBLCA studies.
Position requires a minimum a U.S. Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or a closely related field.
Please reference Job No. 871904 when sending resumes. Please mail resumes to: HR, LeMessurier Consultants Inc. at 1380 Soldiers Field Rd., Floor 3, Boston, MA 02135.